What Every Parent Should Know
Research shows that when parents are involved in their
children's education, the children are more likely to:
- Earn better grades.
- Score higher on tests.
- Pass their classes.
- Attend school regularly.
- Have better social skills.
- Show improved behavior.
- Be more positive in their attitude toward school.
- Complete homework assignments.
- Graduate and continue their education.
Schools with involved parents enjoy:
- Better morale among teachers.
- Higher ratings of teachers by parents.
- More support from families.
- A better reputation in the community.
When parents become involved in their children's education, the
parents are more likely to:
- Be more confident at school.
- Be more confident in themselves as parents and their ability to
help their children learn.
- Be held in higher esteem by teachers and have teachers expect
more from their children.
- Enroll in continuing education to advance their own
There are many opportunities to be involved. Here are a few:
- Volunteer in your child's class - work with students in small
- Be involved in planning cultural events- we are always looking
for new ideas
Come to PTG meetings each month - there are many ways to help
out and we are looking for creative projects!